Working time: 20 min
Time in total: 35 min
Serving size: 2 portions
Energy: 739 kcal Fat: 49,7 g
Carbohydrates: 118,6 g Protein: 25,9 g
Fibers: 10,1 g Salt: 3,1 g
1/3 of a cucumber
9 tbsp vinegar
4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp of salt
TEMPTY 2 pieces of TEMPTY (200g) 1 egg (vegan option - create slurry by mixing 1:1 water to flour)
3 tbsp flour 4 tbsp panko ½ tsp cinnamon 3 pinches of nutmeg neutral oil for frying pepper salt For serving 3 tbsp mayonnaise 2 tsp whole-grain mustard 5-6 tbsp pickled red cabbage 2 buns/brioche 1 apple, sliced
1. Cut the cucumber into thin slices and put into a bowl. Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt in a pot and bring to a boil. When boiling, pour the liquid over the cucumber. Set aside to rest for around 30 minutes.
2. Turn TEMPTY piece in a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Next, coat TEMPTY in stirred egg or a water slurry (for a vegan option). Lastly, turn TEMPTY in panko.
3. Deep fry TEMPTY in a good amount of neutral oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Heat up the pickled red cabbage in a casserole.
5. In a small bowl, mix vegan mayonnaise and whole-grain mustard.
6. Cut the buns in half and toast them with about a spoonful of butter.
7. Spread sauce onto the halved buns, add red cabbage, TEMPTY, cucumber and lastly apples. Enjoy!