TEMPTY is a versatile plant-based ingredient that can replace other protein sources in your everyday dish. There are various ways to prepare TEMPTY and we are listing three basic preparation methods for you to try - pan-frying, baking, and deep-frying. All methods can be applied to both frozen and thawed TEMPTY.
By pan-frying TEMPTY we retain the moisture and tenderness while giving the outer layer a nice crust. Whole TEMPTY block or a bite-size piece, pan fry any shape you want!
oil or butter/vegan butter
1. Heat oil or butter/vegan butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
2. Fry TEMPTY for 3-6 minutes on each side until golden brown.
It is true that anything can be baked in the oven (nowadays also in an air fryer), and our TEMPTY is not an exemption. For this method, we recommend baking TEMPTY as a whole and later cutting it into smaller pieces.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Brush TEMPTY with oil and transfer to a baking tray. 3. Bake TEMPTY for approximately 12 minutes.
If you want to replace the egg with a vegan substitute, you can create a flour and water slurry. All you need is to mix equal parts flour and water in a small bowl and whisk thoroughly. The mixture should be runny enough to stick to the TEMPTY.
egg or vegan substitute (1:1 water to flour)
panko or breadcrumbs
1. Cut TEMPTY into stripes.
2. Turn TEMPTY in flour, then eggs or vegan substitute and lastly in bread crumbs or panko. 3. Heat up oil in a casserole or a deep fryer until it reaches around 170°C. 4. Deep fry TEMPTY until golden brown for 2-3 minutes.